|Docente:||Giuliana Leone Dorrity|
|Sede:||Palazzo Campana - Via Carlo Alberto, 10 - Torino|
|Giorno:||giovedì ore 21:00 - 22:30|
Come partecipare al corso?
Descrizione del corso
3° livello C1 - Approfondimento e sviluppo delle principali strutture grammaticali e funzioni linguistiche. Conversazione. Corso in lingua
Again for this year I have decided against a course book.
Every lesson will be planned ahead and I will send the students all the material via email. (for those who do not have an email address I will make photocopies and hand them out before the lesson).
Aspects of Grammar which will be reviewed at an advanced level:
present and past tenses – present and past perfect simple and continuous – articles – adverbs of frequency – adjective order – comparatives and superlatives – used to – to be used to – future – emphatic do – countable and uncountable nouns – relative clauses – question tags – passive and causative (have something done) – make/let someone do something– zero, first, second, third conditional – verbs+ing – verbs & adjectives + to infinitive – verbs & adjectives + prepositions – modal verbs – reported speech – I’d rather – I’d better – Should have/could have –phrasal verbs - collocations – possessives and noun + noun structure
During the lessons I will speak mainly in English (unless a difficult grammar explanation is required)
Owing to the high number of participants at the beginning of the course, I usually do most of the talking reading etc. (at least for the first few lessons)
Skills developed: listening comprehension – reading comprehension – pronunciation – phonological awareness
Material will be taken from newspapers (BBC Magazine, The Daily Telegraph, The Times, Time Magazine The Week, The Economist etc), books, course books, BBC podcasts, Breaking News, Sky News, BBC Learning English, Voice Of America, etc.
1) articles (from newspapers/BBC/magazines etc.)
Text analysis: I will read one paragraph and follow on with an explanation of words and grammatical points (use of English, idioms, pronunciation, aspect of the language etc) – this for each paragraph.
2) grammar exercises students will try to do the exercises on their own (multiple choice, finding words – prepositions – articles etc) and every 10 questions we will go over the correct answers together.
3) pronunciation exercises homophones (sound the same but have different meanings – example: there/ their/ they’re) Homographs (spelt the same way but sometimes may have different pronunciation example lead, row, bow) – phonetic alphabet – audio examples – quizzes)
4) idioms exercises to improve knowledge (through reading sentences/multiple choice questions)
5) Phrasal verbs ditto
6) Vocabulary expanding vocabulary: during the lesson I will explain words using synonyms and antonyms or rephrasing the sentence.
7) Listening exercises “fill-in-the-gap” type, multiple choice –
dictations – repetition of sentences –
Programma completo del Corso
Materiale fornito dal docente
Comunicazioni e materiale del CorsoAl momento non sono presenti dispense per questo corso
Link esterni al sito
Nota: tutto il materiale didattico (dispense, filmati, link esterni) è stato redatto e messo a disposizione dai singoli docenti.